Plesk 12 - proftpd config - scoreboard

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Plesk 12 - proftpd config - scoreboard

Unread post by faris »

I've just experienced a weirdness on a fresh Plesk 12.5, Centos 7, ASL 4 test system.

Connecting via FTP keeps failing, with the following error in /var/log/messages:

Code: Select all

Feb  6 16:59:48 ip160 proftpd[6874]: processing configuration directory '/etc/proftpd.d'
Feb  6 16:59:48 ip160 proftpd[6874]: 127.0.0.1 - error opening scoreboard: Operation not permitted
Manually creating /var/proftpd and then adding ScoreboardFile /var/proftpd/proftpd.score to the proftpd config fixes this (there was no scoreboard-related config in the original config at all)

Could someone with Plesk 12.5 installed (Centos 7 ideally, but also Centos 6) please take a look to see if they have a scoreboard config in their proftp.conf (or elsewhere) please?

(related note for my info only - /var/run/clamd also needed to be created otherwise clamd could not write pid)
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
biggles
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Plesk 12 - proftpd config - scoreboard

Unread post by biggles »

CentOS6/Plesk 12.5 here.

Do not have /var/proftpd. I do have /var/run/proftpd/proftpd.scoreboard
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Plesk 12 - proftpd config - scoreboard

Unread post by faris »

Sorry, I did mean /var/run/(etc).

Interesting that its there in 6 though.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>