Plesk 7.1.6 + RH9 --> can I use Atomic-PSA MySQL rpm's?

General Discussion of atomic repo and development projects.

Ask for help here with anything else not covered by other forums.
Darren

Plesk 7.1.6 + RH9 --> can I use Atomic-PSA MySQL rpm's?

Unread post by Darren »

Hello. I'm very new to Plesk. Had I known in advance that it didn't support MySQL 4.x with RH9, I probably would have thought twice about selecting it as an interface.

In any case, as the subject says:
I have Plesk 7.1.6 RELOADED + RH9
--> can I use the Atomic-PSA rpm's to upgrade to MySQL 4.0.22???

Please let me know if this should be fairly painless before I decide to take the plunge. Are there any specific tips or quirks that I may need to know?

Very nice that Scott has taken the time to help out fellow PSA users. Thanks Scott!

Thanks in advance for any help.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Although I'm using 7.14 not 7.14, I've had no problems with Scott's mysql4 or php 4.3.10 on my live machines, as long as I run the fix_mysql_priv_tables script after upgrading.

I have had some unusual problems on a test machine, but nothing related to mysql and it really looks like there's something odd about the test machine that is causing them.

The only thing to note, in my experience, is that MySQL 4 does not like starting sometimes, requiring me to try twice to get it to fire up sometimes. If I recall correctly, this is a known quirk in mysql4.

As far as I can tell though, Plesk's update and install scripts handle this quite well.

Faris.
Darren

Unread post by Darren »

Thanks very much for the reply.

You mentioned PHP 4.3.10 also. After installing the MySQL 4.0.22 update, does PHP then get updated and recompiled? Is there some particular order that this needs to happen in?
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

when you run yum update, it should give you a list of all the app's it will upgrade, if you just specify a specific package, yum update php for example, its only going to match that package and any of its dependencies.