What to do with DAG and RPMFORGE???

Atomic repository announcements, new release notifications and other news regarding the atomic yum repository.
mneese
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

What to do with DAG and RPMFORGE???

Unread post by mneese »

I have recently installed some streaming video stuff on my server...FFmpeg, and FFMpeg-php...these required some other repositories for specific files..now when I use yum update...I get multiple listings from these two repositories...

Should I use their updates for clamav, perl and other common stuff that I have in the past used only atomic or plesk for yum updates...will they break plesk and my server setups?

If not to be used, what command do I use to exclude their repositories?

Also, how to re-enable plesk repository, which seems to have been disabled....
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: What to do with DAG and RPMFORGE???

Unread post by faris »

Add enabled=0 in the appropriate config file in /etc/yum/repos.d to disable them.

Stick to the Atomic and ASL repos for everything important, like clamav. Only use rpmforge (which I think has dag's stuff merged in anyway?) for the odd bit and bob, and disable afterwards. You may want to temporarily enable from time to time to check fo updates to the things you install via that repo though. You can use the --enable-repo switch (I think that's the right syntax -- check the man page) in the yum command line for that.

you'll probably find enabled=0 in the plesk repo config file (again look in /etc/yum/repos.d/ or whatever it actually is. I'm in the wrong place to check right now. Sorry.)

Faris.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
aus-city
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by aus-city »

You can also edit the actual DAG and RPMFORCE repo files to exclude packages, that is really easy.

Like this:

exclude=kernel* inotify-tools* php* sqlite* kmodtool t1lib* rkhunter chkrootkit razor-agents mod_fcgid hunspell* enchant* libedit*

In this example all the above packages are excuded from what ever .repo file I add this too.

This way its clean simply a yum update and not having to play.
mneese
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by mneese »

thanks for the info...