PHP 5.4 Released

Atomic repository announcements, new release notifications and other news regarding the atomic yum repository.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

PHP 5.4 Released

Unread post by scott »

PHP 5.4 is now live in the Atomic repository. PHP 5.3 packages will continue to be maintained in our Nucleus repository, more information on the Nucleus repo is available here: https://www.atomicorp.com/products/nucleus.html

Upgrade instructions are available here:
https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/PHP
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: PHP 5.4 Released

Unread post by BruceLee »

wonderful. thanks a lot.
One question: how to install both Atomic PHP 5.3 and Atomic PHP 5.4 side by side to benefit from the new Plesk11.5 feature of multiple PHP versions?
scott

Unread post by scott »

I havent looked at that, but if I had to guess thats probably an fcgi-only type implementation using alternate directories. Architecturally It could certainly be done using software collections as a different package name than "php".
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

yes, thanks. The new feature works with the FastCGI or CGI handlers.
Thought it would be nice being able to cover this package based via a repo.
scott

Unread post by scott »

Its on the list. The one time I did experiment with the SCL stuff from redhat, the users were pretty confused by it, so its going to involve some R&D time (also known as "staring at a wall for a few hours") on the right way to put it together.
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

thanks a lot. looking forward to it. stupid question/"idea"...can't you just take the existing atomic package and tweak the final directories/necessary filenames a little bit (e.g by adding php-5.3-xxxxx) and rebuild it?
scott

Unread post by scott »

You could, but I hate that. It causes all kinds of downstream dependency problems and worse... user confusion. Explaining that takes a lot of time. It might make more sense to call it "some-bizzare-name-that-is-associated-with-alternalte-php-version-on-a-plesk-machine-and-only-a-plesk-machine-so-please-stop-asking-me-about-it.rpm". Like I said... must stare at wall.
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

ok, thanks. Tricky thing.
sindarina
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by sindarina »

We upgraded this morning, and are running into an issue with Roundcube and suhosin. The available workaround is disabling suhosin completely, which is a bit drastic. I reopened a Roundcube ticket from nine months ago and documented the problem, only to have it closed with a 'wontfix' three minutes later, and a claim that it is a known problem with suhosin;

https://github.com/stefanesser/suhosin/pull/26

As far as I understand the history on that there is a fix available for this, but it's apparently not included in the suhosin package from the Atomic reposity. Any chance of releasing an update that includes this?

Thanks for your time :-)
scott

Unread post by scott »

Im pulling from that stanesser git repo already, did you see where tha patch is at? Im not seeing it in the thread
sindarina
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by sindarina »

I am not sure I am reading it correctly, but I thought the first thing there was a reference to this;
https://github.com/blino/suhosin/commit ... eb553b55f5

Is that not it? Or already in the existing package?
redpaint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by redpaint »

Just like to add an upvote to the request of having two instances of PHP running on the machine if it were possible.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Why not make such a "php 5.4 alternative PHP for Plesk v11.rpm" part of Nucleus? It would add significant value, and encourage long-term subscriptions, and would not be that hard to do. Follow it up with a similar php 5.5 option soon.

You know you want to. It makes sound business sense.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>