Feature plans regarding libmodsecurity and nginx connector

Customer support forums for the modsecurity rules feed. There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using the real time modsecurity rules feed. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious.
rodehoed
New Forum User
New Forum User

Feature plans regarding libmodsecurity and nginx connector

Unread post by rodehoed »

Hi guys,

As of july 2015 getting modsecurity production ready for nginx is very hard. Atomic is providing experimental rules for NGINX and they seems to work oke.

If I understand correct modsecurity 3.0 will be renamed to libmodsecurity (https://github.com/SpiderLabs/ModSecuri ... odsecurity) and every webserver is getting it's own connecter talking to this library. I think this is the way to go, because modsecurity is to much build upon Apache now and it's to bloated when using a non apache server.

I don't know about rules compatibility but will Atomicorp start publishing rules for libmodsecurity if it reaches a point so that libmodsecurity is usable?

Just curious :wink:

- Gerwin
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Feature plans regarding libmodsecurity and nginx connect

Unread post by scott »

The rule language doesnt change with this, so it doesn't impact that so much as change some behind the scenes architecture. It looks like this will be more of a packaging thing than a rules thing to me.