New release of the free rules

Community support forums for the free/delayed modsecurity rules feed. There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using the delayed modsecurity rules feed. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious.
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

New release of the free rules

Unread post by mikeshinn »

We just put out an update for the free rules. Includes new security features, fixes and updates.

Real time customers already have everything in the free rules and always get priority on support and new features.
Dodli
New Forum User
New Forum User

Re: New release of the free rules

Unread post by Dodli »

where can we get the new rules from?

the rules on http://downloads.prometheus-group.com/delayed/rules/ are from April
mikeshinn

Real time rules are released daily. You can download them from here:

https://www.atomicorp.com/downloads.html

Subscriptions are just $99 a year.

Free rules are released as our schedules allow. The last free release was in April. We plan to put out another free release before the end of the year.
Dodli
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by Dodli »

I just noticed the original post is from Oct 2009, for some reason I thought is was from 2010.

sorry for reviving this dead thread :oops:

thanks for replying, I'm happy to hear there will be an update to the free rules.

I have a small VPS with some websites so paid subscription currently not an option but when I switch to dedicated or start charging for hosting on my box I'll definitely get your subscription service.
mikeshinn

No worries :-)

We're planning to automate the process of releasing free rules, right now its a manual process so its a little labor intensive and our paying customers always come first. So its taken a back burner until we have the automation done.