Use SecDataDir issue mod-secuirty running in whm

Community support forums for the free/delayed modsecurity rules feed. There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using the delayed modsecurity rules feed. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious.
emeraldisle
New Forum User
New Forum User

Use SecDataDir issue mod-secuirty running in whm

Unread post by emeraldisle »

Good day, I recently had mod_security rules set installed and getting these errors messages.
current cpanel build 11.36.0.14

Unable to retrieve collection (name "ip", key "127.0.0.1_"). Use SecDataDir to define data directory first.

Unable to retrieve collection (name "ip", key "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_4a87e8a78b7d8abf25f9ff352202d075aa33f5ac"). Use SecDataDir to define data directory first.
Use SecDataDir to define data directory first.
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 unknown [17/Mar/2013:03:26:41 +0800]
Use SecDataDir to define data directory first.
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 unknown [17/Mar/2013:03:26:16 +0800]

Any suggestion or modification

Thanks, Aaron
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Use SecDataDir issue mod-secuirty running in whm

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Have you configured modsecurity exactly as described at the URL below?

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.ph ... rity_Rules
emeraldisle
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by emeraldisle »

Hi Michael, Im at a bit of loss with this. Im not technologically proficient enough to address this issue by myself, I was working with my dedicated hosting provider to come up with a solution and they are stumped with this issue. I sent an email to Atomic sales about ASL installation and support. Not sure if our current setup is compatible, but im told by my hosting provider, that many servers on their network have your ASL Manager and your very trustworthy . I ve read some of the support information on your site and I think even with my untrained eyes that your company and product is a win win and a solution must..

IS it possible to get an analyses of our system to resolve issues known and unknown and go ahead and with possible installation of ASL

thanks for your time.
Aaron H
mikeshinn

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Certainly, if you havent done so already, just shoot an email to support AT atomicorp DOT com.