Upgrading Plesk 9.5.4 MySQL

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Upgrading Plesk 9.5.4 MySQL

Unread post by faris »

Unfortunately that won't work on the majority of the damaged tables (in my experience). They need to be dumped and reloaded. That's the annoying/dangerous thing.

Faris.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

Works fine in the majority of cases in my experience. If a REPAIR doesn't work, then usually the data is really corrupted and it's also no longer possible to create a correct dump. YMMV, you can always give it a shot.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Thanks Breun (as usual!)

I'm going from memory here, but as I recall a lot of the tables that get into this state give an error similar to "table type (whatever it is) does not support repair - dump and restore instead". That's paraphrasing the error -- it is something else really.

In one of the posts there's something similar. It says

Code: Select all

psa.subdomains
note     : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair
but this isn't precicely the error I'm thinking about.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

Not all storage engines support REPAIR, that's correct. According to http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ ... table.html only MyISAM, ARCHIVE and csv tables support REPAIR. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ ... ables.html for more information on repairing tables.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management