Plesk 10.1.1 Firewall

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
blackcat9
New Forum User
New Forum User

Plesk 10.1.1 Firewall

Unread post by blackcat9 »

Hi,

I have a VPS server on Ubuntu 10.1 with a Plesk 10.1.1 admin.

I (foolishly now as it seems) activated the Plesk container firewall yesterday and now cannot remotely administer MySQL databases. This is particularly annoying since I have MySQL admin set up to back up every database daily automatically.

Does anyone know how to switch the firewall off since there is no interface way to achieve it?

From what I understand the Plesk component acts as a front-end to IPtables so I don't want to screw up IPtables in the process.

Thanks in anticipation.
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Plesk 10.1.1 Firewall

Unread post by breun »

You can configure the Plesk firewall via Plesk > Modules > Firewall > Edit Firewall Configuration. Instead of completely disabling the firewall I'd recommend allowing access to the MySQL port (3306) from your IP address.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
blackcat9
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by blackcat9 »

Thanks for your reply.

On the version of Plesk I am using (10.1.1) the Firewall can only be managed through the Container and it is only possible to edit a number of predefined items, I cannot create a new rule for Port 3306.

As I said in my previous post, up until the point I enabled the firewall in the container, everything was fine, I was remotely backing-up databases daily. Now there seems to be no way to turn it off or modify the settings I require apart from the pre-defined FTP, HTTPS, IMAP etc.

I have searched through the Plesk Knowledgebase and can't find an answer there either.

regards
blackcat9
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by prupert »

blackcat9 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

On the version of Plesk I am using (10.1.1) the Firewall can only be managed through the Container and it is only possible to edit a number of predefined items, I cannot create a new rule for Port 3306.

As I said in my previous post, up until the point I enabled the firewall in the container, everything was fine, I was remotely backing-up databases daily. Now there seems to be no way to turn it off or modify the settings I require apart from the pre-defined FTP, HTTPS, IMAP etc.
There is a rule for the MySQL-server, you should be able to edit this rule and add an exception for your IP address.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management