Mysql and Plesk 9.5.4 site / login problems

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
thrawn60
New Forum User
New Forum User

Mysql and Plesk 9.5.4 site / login problems

Unread post by thrawn60 »

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem that I hope someone here can help me with.

For some reason (honestly can't remember who or why) my Mysql and PHP was updated from the official version to Atomiccorp's version, which has been running smooth for some time.

Tech stuff:
Dedicated server 1and1
CentOS
Plesk 9.5.4

Now the problem is that I lost connection to one of my website, more exact bb.exporting.com, is shows the default page from 1and1.

A friendly rep from there said that he fiddled with the websrvmng and got it relinked, then it worked but then I couldn't access plesk, it said "Username and password was not the same for mysql and plesk" so that was reset, and I thought all was peachy...

Now the page doesn't work again, and apparently 1and1 has at least one customer rep that is not very friendly and told me "Back up your server and reimage"

Since I'm located in Thailand with the speedy internet of a dial up modem, or at least it seems like that most of the time, I don't have the time to spend days waiting for a new back up to be downloaded, in order to do a re image and upload the back up again.

I therefore hope someone here has had the same problem as I, and can help me so I can get the page back up running, and also keep logging in to Plesk.

I have more than 300 pages running on the server, and there is only problems with that one single site....

Since I'm not that skilled in server management of linux, I hope that any reply will be cut out in cardboard so I will have some sort of idea of what to do :)

Michael
thrawn60
New Forum User
New Forum User

Re: Mysql and Plesk 9.5.4 site / login problems

Unread post by thrawn60 »

Solved it already...

Ran mysql_upgrade, restarted mysql and ran websrvmng and all was back to working conditions... well at least until I find another problem hehe
JimDunn
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Mysql and Plesk 9.5.4 site / login problems

Unread post by JimDunn »

thrawn60 wrote:Solved it already...

Ran mysql_upgrade, restarted mysql and ran websrvmng and all was back to working conditions... well at least until I find another problem hehe
thrawn60, thanks for the follow-up on this... I'll keep this info in case I face this after my 9.5.4 upgrade!! : )
"Ok, yes... I like pie... um, I meant, pi."