Weird Logs issue on Plesk

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
nobody
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Weird Logs issue on Plesk

Unread post by nobody »

Guys I have an issue.

This might have to do with the last MU. Firewall is turned off so there is no way this is a WAF proxy issue...
Suddenly on plesk some domains "logs page" when accessed from the panel return a white blank screen ! Other domains work normally on showing their log files inside the panel. Isn't this crazy ? Could it be the last MU that messed up with something ? Take a look at your clients logs and see if you have the same issue. Its pretty crazy ... Now people can't debug their php ! Thats really bad ... And there is no logical explanation for that ... Cant understand it... It works on some on others it doesn't ... Everything else on the panel seems to work just fine !
Hello IT.
Phone : Blah Blah ....
Have you tried turning it on and off again ?
I'm sorry, are you from the Past ?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4fm4Wqego
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Weird Logs issue on Plesk

Unread post by faris »

MU#34 or 35 had a problem that caused some pages to not display, but I don't know which ones. The very latest MU#36, just out, solves the problem, so if that's what was causing it, updating should solve it.

Code: Select all

Parallels Plesk 10.4.4 MU#36

The following bug has been fixed:
[-]Changes from microupdate 10.4.4 MU#35 led to partially working GUI on Plesk 10.4.4 for Linux. It was caused by incorrect data type of field "data" of table "sessions" which was changed from BLOB to MEDIUMTEXT. MU#36 changes the data type to MEDIUMBLOB.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
nobody
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by nobody »

Ok. Found the problem. Seems totally unrelated to me as well but it solved the problem right away !
One of the domains had an error log which was 1.3GB. After deleting the log file and restarting apache, problem gone ! Before that I tried many things such as restarting services and plesk with no luck...

In order to give a head start in case someone needs it I will give you a command which will look on all domains for logs larger than 1GB.
Hope this helps !

Take care guys and thanks for the reply :)

Code: Select all

find /var/www/vhosts/*/statistics/logs/ -type f -size +1G
Hello IT.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Most excellent. well spotted.

The MU system seems to be going bonkers at the moment, at least on my systems: one says MU#36 is available. two say MU#35 is available. And one says MU#36 is available but then suggests I upgrade to Plesk 11.0.9 even though that upgrade to new version tick box is most definitely unticked.
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
nobody
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by nobody »

faris wrote:Most excellent. well spotted.

The MU system seems to be going bonkers at the moment, at least on my systems: one says MU#36 is available. two say MU#35 is available. And one says MU#36 is available but then suggests I upgrade to Plesk 11.0.9 even though that upgrade to new version tick box is most definitely unticked.
If Plesk doesn't reach x.5 version its not to be used for production systems. Thats what I have understood ...
Hello IT.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Well I upgraded everything from MU#32 to MU#36.

It installed MU#35 then #36 on all systems, after updating the autoinstaller (without asking). No sign of #33 or #34. I guess they were pulled and rolled into #35? #36 just fixes a database column type that was incorrectly set in #35.

There was no effect on qmail-scanner/no email problems afterwards - as would be expected as there were no email fixes, of course, but I thought I'd mention it to put people's minds at ease.

The most important fix for me was that Plesk 10.4.4 no longer displays an error/fails to display domains in the Domains list under certain circumstances.
<advert>
</advert>