Backing up Virtuozzo 4 to a Virtuozzo 3 Server

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
KrazyBob
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Backing up Virtuozzo 4 to a Virtuozzo 3 Server

Unread post by KrazyBob »

Does anyone know of a direct way to backup a VZ4 server to a VZ3 server? We haven't built the VZ4 backup server yet. Hell, we've been so mir4ed down with migration issues...

Currently I run the backup on locaalhost, tar it, and then scp it to a VZ3 server. At least the files are safe. But sadly I've learned that VZ4's vzabackup does not appear to backup the OS portion. For example, we had an issue with PHP and ended up restoring from backup. It failed.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Backing up Virtuozzo 4 to a Virtuozzo 3 Server

Unread post by faris »

vzabackup backs up everything in the container sort of including the OS - all it does it back up the symlinks to the actual OS files stored in the /vz/templates directory. If the actual files in the template directory get killed or damaged then ....

In VZ4, you can still use vzbackup if you want, and that should backup to VZ3.

But you need to post in the Virtuozzo section of the parallels forum. There's a very kind and helpful bloke there from a german hosting company who is always willing to help if he can. He knows EVERYTHING. He's my hero.

Faris.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
KrazyBob
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I didn't think anyone answered anything over there -- force them to use paid support.

But THANK YOU for your help.

Bob
KrazyBob
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I don't need a password resetter. I wrote my own. What I need is a bash stepper that gos rom one domain to the next. It looks for the string added to the bottom after </html> containing the long block of malwre code. THAT's what I need deleted. The process then moves to the next domain.

The thing is in bash I don't know how to do for - if - next
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management