HELP! Need to restore a plesk 9/VZ snapshot onto a new node

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
humpy
Forum User
Forum User

HELP! Need to restore a plesk 9/VZ snapshot onto a new node

Unread post by humpy »

Hopefully some of the gurus in here may have an answer for me, rather stymied at the moment

I have been happily running Plesk 9.5 in a virtuozzo VPS ( i really dislike Plesk 10+ ). The raid card on the server blew 3 days ago, and its all gone pearshaped. The current VPS provider is still struggling with the system and hasnt got it fully back yet ( and doesnt expect to do so anytime soon). I had autobacked up most of my domains and ftped offsite every week, ( but had beeen lax with about 8 newer domains, and have no backup files.)

I have imported all the backed up websites to a new Plesk11 VPS elswhere fairly painlessly, just time consuming... but am very stuck on these other 8 missing domains, as ( of course) the only complete versions were the ones on the dead server).

I have beeen given online links to the files for the Virtuozzo snapshot from 10 weeks back that I had made ,, and that snapshot would have nearly all the missing website data still in it tho. ( 10.5 GB )

I need to unpack this snapshot somehow in a new VZ container, and try hopefully backup /export these websites into a plesk backup file, and then re-import the backup with html/emails/settings etc into the new server like the other domains.

Could anyone advise where/how/what to do? Where /who/how could I obtain a suitable VPS VZ container to do this and can it be done as hoped?

Posted in great desperation.....

will