Restoring a deleted domain subscription

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
Choji
Forum User
Forum User

Restoring a deleted domain subscription

Unread post by Choji »

Hi guys,

I want to remove a domain from our Plesk server, but I've decided to back it up using Plesk's backup manager.

I now have a backup of the domain on both the server repository and as a local copy (tar file).
However, I'm not sure how I can restore this once the subscription is removed from the customer.

The documentation only describes restoring while the domain is still there on the server.
I am using Plesk 11.

Any ideas how I can do this?
Choji
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Restoring a deleted domain subscription

Unread post by Choji »

Ok, I seem to have found the answer here:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP ... =62506.htm

In my case, I'm trying to restore a single domain for a client.
Apart from the option
-level domains
The rest is up to the backup file's path and name, isn't it?

The backup is located under the default Plesk backup repository
/var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/
which then has
mydomain.com/prefix_mydomain.com_info_1210161556.xml

I don't think I need to bother with filter option as that's the only domain in the backup file anyway.
So my command would be
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/mydomain.com/prefix_mydomain.com_info_1210161556.xml -level domains
That should be it, I suppose... Just a little worried in case things go wrong and it ruins other domains in the server belonging to other clients.
Choji
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Restoring a deleted domain subscription

Unread post by Choji »

I've retried this:

Used the command line to make the backup, in case the backup utility doesn't do the same operation.
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup domains-name mydomain.com
And as previously, I used the restore command
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/me/domains/mydomain.com/backup_mydomain.com_info_1210171452 -level domains
However, the domain was restored, but the article I posted on the website (using Wordpress) wasn't there anymore or the email that I had set up.
I need to find out a way I back up and restore the full domain subscription before I take out a used one.

The backup command seems to have the option to backup --only-mail or -c for only backing up configuration, but I want to back up the contents as well as configuration, which I'm guessing the command does when entered without these options.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.