outbound rules

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
jeff54
Forum User
Forum User

outbound rules

Unread post by jeff54 »

Hello again,

It strikes to me that after I have installed mod_security my websites aren't connected to Google Webfont database and that my Joomla sites aren't getting a connection to the server update. Also some system updates for example phpmyadmin aren't working aymore because of they can not connect to there resources.

I noticed that it has something to do with modsecurity_crs_50_outbound.conf...

Am I correct? And does anyone know if there are some predefined rules available or some helpresources?

I hope so.

Kind regards
Roy
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: outbound rules

Unread post by scott »

modsecurity_crs_50_outbound.conf <- these arent our rules, and are not designed to be used right out of the box, you have to modify and rewrite them for your system.
mikeshinn

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Am I correct? And does anyone know if there are some predefined rules available or some helpresources?
Yep, you've come to the right place. If you want predefined rules that work out of the box, please see the URL below:

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.ph ... rity_Rules
jeff54
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by jeff54 »

Thank you. Both of you for your reply. It's challenging me to dig in further. Very interesting!!

Have a nice day

Tjeers
Roy