SELINUX - Non ASL server advice

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
laughingbuddha
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

SELINUX - Non ASL server advice

Unread post by laughingbuddha »

Hi,

After my server crash a few weeks back, I reinstalled my server but left ASL (paid subscriber) off for the moment. My reasoning is that I'm getting a new server in a week or so, and will want to use the subscription I'm currently on for the new server, and then purchase another subscription later in say a month or so.

So currently I have the ART yum channel installed, and I have qmail, clamd and spam assassin handling emails. I've restricted the SSH port to my IP via firewall, and also set Protocol 2 and disabled the root login, as well as adding a new SSH user.

Also I've set SELinux to permissive mode, as I remember there being some issues with clamd/qmail and SELinux. I made a note to that effect, but sadly the note I made doesn't explain why.

Is it ok to leave SELinux in permissive mode?
Matt

"Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake?"

about.me/mattauckland
twitter.com/mattauckland
biggles
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: SELINUX - Non ASL server advice

Unread post by biggles »

OT

I'm pretty sure you could use the subscription on this server temporarily. ASL license allows three install, prod, test och dev. For a short period I'm certain this could be seen as a test environment. But check with sales to be sure.

edit: missed two c's