directadmin panel with ASL?

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
darvil
New Forum User
New Forum User

directadmin panel with ASL?

Unread post by darvil »

I have been looking around and also searched this forum but not alot of information on DA.

Is there some tips or tutorials on making it work on a DA machine without much issues?

I've managed to replace the MySQL rpms that DA installs with atomic's own mysql (mariadb-server-5.5.29-11.el6.art.x86_64). I see that apache 2.2 of DA works ok with ASL except for mod_evasive (does ASL installs that?) Perhaps I have to preinstall the module first.

One thing I'm not sure is php. I see that ASL install its own php and ignores DA's php. I don't think there's a way to replace DA's php since its custom compiled and isn't rpms. I'm stuck on this. How do the other members manage to resolve this part of the problem?

Thanks for reading.
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: directadmin panel with ASL?

Unread post by mikeshinn »

One thing I'm not sure is php. I see that ASL install its own php and ignores DA's php. I don't think there's a way to replace DA's php since its custom compiled and isn't rpms. I'm stuck on this. How do the other members manage to resolve this part of the problem?
Please see this FAQ:

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.ph ... hp_rpms.3F

"tortixd has its own, independent PHP installation that is only used by the tortixd ASL web console. It is not used by the system, does not replace the systems PHP, is not used by apache on the system, and has no effect on the systems PHP installation, libraries, plugins, extensions or settings. These RPMs are installed in /var/asl and are only used by tortixd.

The ASL PHP libraries rpm packages will have the name "art" and "asl" in them. They will not replace PHP on your system. Do not change the ASL PHP rpms, they are only used by ASL for its web console."
darvil
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by darvil »

mikeshinn wrote:
Please see this FAQ:

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.ph ... hp_rpms.3F

"tortixd has its own, independent PHP installation that is only used by the tortixd ASL web console. It is not used by the system, does not replace the systems PHP, is not used by apache on the system, and has no effect on the systems PHP installation, libraries, plugins, extensions or settings. These RPMs are installed in /var/asl and are only used by tortixd.

The ASL PHP libraries rpm packages will have the name "art" and "asl" in them. They will not replace PHP on your system. Do not change the ASL PHP rpms, they are only used by ASL for its web console."
Thanks Mike. My bad on that specific question. I read the FAQ but its rather large and I missed that part.

On a side note, I was talking to Scott in IRC and helped me answer alot of questions.

Just for reference, Directadmin modifies yum.conf to ignore mysql and MySQL which is why atomic installed mariadb on my test VM (just remove it since you plan to use the repo). I was told, MariaDB isn't ready for ossec yet (but will be soon) so just use MySQL for now and in a few months down the line we will be able to upgrade to mariaDB. DA support confirmed that it should be good enough to replace the RPMs as long as they're same versions. Atomic repo has the exact same version so it should be good. Just make sure not to remove MySQL-shared as that package contains libraries for DA to work.

I remember seeing other minor problems so I'll go try again and give some updates if necessary.

Thanks again.
mikeshinn

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Just for reference, Directadmin modifies yum.conf to ignore mysql and MySQL which is why atomic installed mariadb on my test VM (just remove it since you plan to use the repo).
ASL wouldnt do that (the ASL channels do not include mariadb). That can only happen if you have installed our free atomic repo on your system, or some othe repo that includes mariadb. I just want to confirm if thats the case, but that means your rpm database is really confused, and yes using the mysql excludes would definitely do that.
darvil
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by darvil »

mikeshinn wrote:
Just for reference, Directadmin modifies yum.conf to ignore mysql and MySQL which is why atomic installed mariadb on my test VM (just remove it since you plan to use the repo).
ASL wouldnt do that (the ASL channels do not include mariadb). That can only happen if you have installed our free atomic repo on your system, or some othe repo that includes mariadb. I just want to confirm if thats the case, but that means your rpm database is really confused, and yes using the mysql excludes would definitely do that.
Hi Mike, just to clarify, yes I did put the free atomic repo. I wasn't clear on my post that I was using the free atomic repo (using just the word atomic was probably misleading). Because ASL support atomicorp mysql, I rather use that instead of the centos supported mysql packages.

What has to be done is to install DA initially and then replace the mysql packages with atomic repo and then install ASL.