Auto Update Tanked Zend

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
KrazyBob
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Auto Update Tanked Zend

Unread post by KrazyBob »

Code: Select all

CT-113-bash-4.1# php -v
Failed loading /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so:  /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so: undefined symbol: php_body_write
Zend Guard Loader requires Zend Engine API version 220090626.
The Zend Engine API version 220100525 which is installed, is newer.
Contact Zend Technologies at http://www.zend.com/ for a later version of Zend Guard Loader.

PHP Fatal error:  Directive 'safe_mode' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0
It looks simple but I'm not sure of the solution. Two servers got whacked by auto update.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Auto Update Tanked Zend

Unread post by faris »

Hi KB.

Have you accidentally updated to php 5.4? That would probably explain things. If so:

If you want to keep 5.4, then:

1) PHP Fatal error: Directive 'safe_mode' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0
For this you need to remove safe_mode line from php.ini (and any sites that have custom php.ini)
One way to think about doing this would be to copy any new php.ini.rpmnew over php.ini but do make a copy of the old one in case there were some customisations you want to keep

2) Failed loading /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so:
This *could* be indicating that you have an older version of ioncube_loader that is incompatible for 5.4. Fix number 1 first and if you still have the same problem then the solution in this case is to update your ioncube_loader. There are a couple of options here. Scott has an rpm in the atomic repo but you know what? I'd have expected it to have been updated at the same time as php if you got your php 5.4 from atomic (and if the problem really is that you have accidentally upgraded to 5.4). But if it was manually installed then you just need to get the latest version and manually install that in the same way you did it originally.

Please see this http://www.atomicorp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7037 for instructions on downgrading for 5.3 if you have accidentally upgraded to 5.4.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
KrazyBob
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Auto Update Tanked Zend

Unread post by KrazyBob »

Plesk 9 and above have auto-update from Plesk. My client enabled it. But I forgot that I hired a management company that can handle this. My daughter has more medical appointments and it stresses me out when I look at what has to be done.

EVERYTHING was running fine until the auto Plesk update. It affected Plesk 9.3 and Plesk 11.0.1.

Thanks for taking time to reply.