New control panel: ServerPilot

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
Justin-ServerPilot
New Forum User
New Forum User

New control panel: ServerPilot

Unread post by Justin-ServerPilot »

Hi Scott and everyone else,

After 12 years of using Plesk and really liking it for the first few years but not so much since then, about a year ago I left grad school to start a company making a new control panel.

https://serverpilot.io/

Our control panel, ServerPilot, is focused on developers managing websites on cloud servers and VPSes. The basic control panel functionality is free. It's a SaaS control panel, which means there's no frontend running on each server. Instead, we host the frontend and you manage all of your servers and website through our interface.

We aren't competing with Plesk or cPanel for usage by hosting companies selling shared hosting, though we do compete for usage on VPSes offered by hosting companies. We don't manage mail, for example. Our focus is just on websites.

I'm happy to answer any questions people have.

Huge thanks to Scott for all of the years of maintaining a yum repo for extra Plesk packages (and up2date repos before that). I wouldn't have remained a Plesk user as long as I did if it wasn't for you supporting the community. And who knows, I probably would have never gotten frustrated enough to start a new control panel if Scott was still driving Plesk development.

Justin