Qmail to Postfix with packages from Atomicorp

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
SuperBest
New Forum User
New Forum User

Qmail to Postfix with packages from Atomicorp

Unread post by SuperBest »

I need to install DKIM and DNS 512 qmail paches but that would need me to recompile Qmail so I am thinking to move to Postfix, having

Plesk 10.4
Centos 5.2
ASL 3.2

psa-qmail 1.03-cos5.build1012110525.15
psa-qmail-rblsmtpd 0.88-cos5.build1012110525.15
psa-spamassassin 10.12.0-cos5.build1012110629.18
spamassassin.x86_64 1:3.3.2-7.el5.art

configured spamassassin with large database
pyzor
razor
procmailrc (configuration from shell in maildir's - did break plesk forwarding and quota options)

What do i need to do in order to make it working, do i need to reinstall spamassassin and configure it again?, what is a possibility that switching qmail to postfix with plesk autoinstaller will break something

I am not pro in linux, this is production server so all working 100% is for me very important. Meaby installing patches for qmail would be easier ?
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Qmail to Postfix with packages from Atomicorp

Unread post by scott »

Nah you wouldnt need to reinstall or remove anything. I think theres just a button or something in the plesk updater that switches from qmail to postfix. People switch back and forth all the time.
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by prupert »

scott wrote:Nah you wouldnt need to reinstall or remove anything. I think theres just a button or something in the plesk updater that switches from qmail to postfix. People switch back and forth all the time.
I can also confirm that using the Plesk autoinstaller you can safely switch from qmail to postfix or vice versa. I can't say your custom spamfilter plug-ins (if any) remain working though, but mail operation should stay fine after a switch.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
SuperBest
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by SuperBest »

thx