Plesk 12, mod_sec and fail2ban

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Plesk 12, mod_sec and fail2ban

Unread post by faris »

Plesk 12 looks pretty darned interesting and definitely worth upgrading too, at least once it gets to a Stable release in, I assume, around 10 months time (if Plesk 11.5's release cycle was anything to go by).

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP ... linux.html

But as some of you may have seen, the latest Preview build now includes a mod_security module and fail2ban support. That's likely going to conflict with ASL but I imagine they are easily removable if they happen to be installed by default by a particular server/VPS vendor.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Plesk 12, mod_sec and fail2ban

Unread post by mikeshinn »

It will not conflict with ASL, more details to come when we can share them with you.
biggles
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by biggles »

Intriguing Mike, intriguing!
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

yes. definitely :-)
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

oh...I've just seen whose going to be a guest speaker at the Summit this year and what it is about. I'm thinking cool things are afoot.

Why the heck didn't you go to Vegas last year where I could have met you? I can't go this year.
<advert>
</advert>
scott

Unread post by scott »

I just had too much on my plate back then to go to the vegas show. Dan, our VP of sales, has been organizing all this since he came on board. I believe the next thing we'll be at is hostingcon in miami