Disable Mail for Plesk for all domains

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
DiscipleGeek
New Forum User
New Forum User

Disable Mail for Plesk for all domains

Unread post by DiscipleGeek »

I run a small hosting company using Plesk to maintain my domains and since none of my customers use the hosted email, I'd like to just disable Plesk's mail services completely rather than have to remember to disable it for every domain. I usually forget and it takes a few weeks for anyone to realizes that there are problems sending mail from the server.

Is there a way just to disable mail across the board either as a default or by uninstalling the mail service?
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Disable Mail for Plesk for all domains

Unread post by prupert »

If you have Plesk 11.5 you can optionally uninstall the mail server.

Otherwise you could also disable the mail service in your service plan(s) or script the disabling of the mail service via the Plesk command-line utilities.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
DiscipleGeek
New Forum User
New Forum User

prupert wrote:If you have Plesk 11.5 you can optionally uninstall the mail server.

Otherwise you could also disable the mail service in your service plan(s) or script the disabling of the mail service via the Plesk command-line utilities.

Either would be fine, but I'm going through the settings and don't see either option. Would you mind giving me a step through of how to uninstall the mail server?
DiscipleGeek
New Forum User
New Forum User

I've been pouring through the options in Plesk 11.5.30 Update #41, and I'm not seeing how to do either. I hate to be a pest, but can you walk me through it?
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by prupert »

Run the autoinstaller and select the no mailserver option in stead of Qmail or Postfix, see also ftp://download1.parallels.net/Plesk/Doc ... /71434.htm. I believe this should remove Courier-IMAP and replace Qmail or Postfix with a simple SMTP server for handling outgoing messages from scripts only. YMMV
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management