Congrats to new partnership/integration in Plesk12

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Congrats to new partnership/integration in Plesk12

Unread post by BruceLee »

Hi Atomicorp,

congratulations to the integration of your modsec rules in Plesk12.
Hope it flushes some bucks in your pocket too :mrgreen:

Since Plesk12 is out I would like to know if there are any things to consider as ASL user?
Fail2Ban, modsecurity, Panda ....

Thanks a lot
BruceLee
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Congrats to new partnership/integration in Plesk12

Unread post by scott »

We (atomic & parallels) talked about making Panda an interface plugin next. We'll probably have some kind of rollup with P3 and Nucleus into one more cohesive bundle. We're still in the planning stages here, and I think we'll have some public discussion on what the plugin should do.

If you're using ASL with Plesk, make sure you disable mod_security in Plesk. We'll have that do it for you automatically in an update pretty soon (4.0.4). Otherwise, tools like fail2ban or the plesk firewall are totally superfulous in an ASL environment. They don't do anything ASL is already doing for you, and they do way way less.
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

great thanks.
so summarized:
disable/not install plesks own fail2ban,mod_security,firewall
and
regarding panda wait for some news in the near future.
scott

Unread post by scott »

Yup, and if you had a wishlist for P3, fire away. I was thinking of something where you could check a box and it would install ioncube or zend. That seems to be a popular question in the plesk forums
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

my main wish would be that it is not interfering with the plesk build in multiple php feature and that the customers can set php settings via plesk and it runs in fcgi.
would your mentioned ioncube/zend installer be for each php version separately? i thought that you did not include those packages in p3 because of the massive problems with it?
thanks
scott

Unread post by scott »

my main wish would be that it is not interfering with the plesk build in multiple php feature and that the customers can set php settings via plesk and it runs in fcgi.
It does all that right now, so thats not an issue already.
i thought that you did not include those packages in p3 because of the massive problems with it?
I was avoiding the zend/ioncube stuff just because of the level of effort involved in duplicating & maintaining it across 6 different php trees. Adding to that, the current design is "all-on", which would force everyone to have those modules enabled when maybe they dont want it, or worse it causes a conflict with something else. It needs more granular config options, maybe even at the domain level (doable I think...)
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Hi Scott,

any news at this one? I would have the need for the mix of different P3/Nucleus (5.2 > ) together with other modules under Plesk 12?
Thanks
scott

Unread post by scott »

Just finished an update to the core P3 (5.4/5.5/5.6), and the native plesk extension is planned, but no work has started on it yet. I dont think we'll be able to get to that for a few weeks still. We're still working on the reputation system at the moment.

This project is definitely going to happen, if you follow the plesk forum thread its already over 25,000 views. And downloads are way way above that.
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Hi Scott,

thanks for the updated information and your work. Well, good things take time. Don't rush.
Will you drop 5.2 ? Need that as well. (typed in the wrong symbol :? ) Thanks

Cheers
BruceLee