Email mailboxes getting out of hand

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Email mailboxes getting out of hand

Unread post by faris »

We have a few customers whose mailboxes are getting out of hand -- over a Gb.

Most of the customers are using IMAP.

The limit on our accounts is supposed to be 100Mb.

What do other folks do with customers who need stupid amounts of disk space? When Google et al offers 15Gb for free (or $5 a month for the paid for versions), some customers don't understand why their accounts with us are so limited.

I'm at the end of my tether with some of them.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Email mailboxes getting out of hand

Unread post by prupert »

I would say that 100 MB for an IMAP account is very little. I wouldn't say that a couple of GB's is a 'stupid' amount of disk space, but of course, your customers should be willing to pay for it and you should be able to explain the difference between your service and Google.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Email mailboxes getting out of hand

Unread post by faris »

The trouble is they don't want to pay for it. They expect gigabytes of disk space for free.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>