Centos 7 - Plesk 12.5 - Permission issue after ASL install

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
dkopecek
Forum User
Forum User

Centos 7 - Plesk 12.5 - Permission issue after ASL install

Unread post by dkopecek »

I've got a clean test install of CentOS7, Plesk 12.5 & ASL. I'm getting the permission errors below in Plesk when I try to create an SSL CSR, self signed cert, or upload a certificate.

Is ASL doing anything that would lock down these permissions?

From /var/log/plesk/panel.log

Code: Select all

[2016-02-03 10:11:10] ERR [panel] Unable to set the certificate: Unable to put certificate file:                               Unable to arrange cert file: cp2tempnam failed: filemng failed: filemng: execve failed for /usr                              /local/psa/admin/sbin/filemng: Permission denied

System error 13: Permission denied

[2016-02-03 10:12:22] ERR [1] /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ch_owner 'psaadm:psaadm' '/usr/local/psa/                              tmp/prvPLI9R8' failed with message: ch_owner: execve failed for /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_own                              er: Permission denied

[2016-02-03 10:12:22] ERR [panel] Unable to create a CSR: ch_owner failed: ch_owner: execve fail                              ed for /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_owner: Permission denied

[2016-02-03 10:16:46] ERR [1] /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ch_owner 'psaadm:psaadm' '/usr/local/psa/                              tmp/key3RY9qa' failed with message: ch_owner: execve failed for /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_own                              er: Permission denied

[2016-02-03 10:16:46] ERR [panel] Unable to create a self-signed certificate: ch_owner failed: c                              h_owner: execve failed for /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_owner: Permission denied

Last edited by dkopecek on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dkopecek
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Centos 7 - Plesk 12.5 Certificate creation permission is

I originally thought this was tied to certificate creation. It now looks like any file Plesk tries to upload has permission issues. I'm getting a similar error when trying to upload a custom panel logo.

Not sure that this is ASL related.

ERROR: PleskFatalException: Unable to set image: cp2tempnam failed: filemng failed: filemng: execve failed for /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/filemng: Permission denied

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskDBException
Unable to load object of type Logo with id=1: cp2tempnam failed: filemng failed: filemng: execve failed for /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/filemng: Permission denied

(LogoUIPointer.php:126)
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Some info that may or may not help here:

In a test VPS that's NOT running the ASL kernel but is running Centos 7, Plesk 12.5 and ASL, I just tried creating a self-signed cert both for an individual domain and via tools&settings and didn't get an error - all seems well.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
dkopecek
Forum User
Forum User

My "real" test server described above is running on a vmware cluster. I just fired up a fresh minimal install of CentOS7 on virtualbox on my deskop & installed Plesk 12.5

All was well. Plesk functioned as expected & was able to do normal admin tasks and create a couple of domains. Then I installed ASL & took all the defaults. Now I'm unable to even login to plesk. I'm getting a permission error on the login page:

ERROR: Service_Agent_Exception
Unable to read components configuration from the service node: packagemng: execve failed for /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng: Permission denied

I've booted both with the ASL kernel, 3.10.0-327.4.4.el7.x86_64 & 3.10.0-327.e17.x86_64 and gotten the same error. Once ASL is installed there's a permission problem.