save and build with:
rpmbuild -ba php.spec
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Highland »

Bout time they fixed it! The new CVS snapshot should have the bug fix

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43677

Looks like 5.2.6 is right around the corner too (RC2 is out)
AndraX2000
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by AndraX2000 »

It's good that 5.2.6 will have the fix, but don't forget that we may have to wait for ioncube and any other third-party modules that plesk uses to come out with 5.2.6 compatible versions before updating.
tomashworth
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by tomashworth »

We have a Plesk 8.3 server with ART PHP 5.2.5-4 . We are trialing a new e-commerce solution called Magento http://www.magentocommerce.com which will seemingly randomly "white screen". Once apache is restarted it will be fine for a short time and then the problem will occur again. Only this app is effected but all copies of the app have the problem at the same time. A wordpress install on the same server is fine when this happens. Is this issue likely due to the php bug reported in this thread?
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

Could very well be the case. You could try PHP 5.2.4 and see if that fixes the issue. It did for us.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
tomashworth
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by tomashworth »

breun wrote:Could very well be the case. You could try PHP 5.2.4 and see if that fixes the issue. It did for us.
I'll probably give that a try. Was the uprade/downgrade to ART's 5.2.4 a pain free process or is there anything I should be aware of when doing this?
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

Pain free.
BerArt
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by BerArt »

So my question here: http://atomicrocketturtle.com/forum/vie ... highlight= might be the bug in PHP 5.2.5-4 :( any idee when this wil be updated?
best regards,

http://hosting.ber-art.nl
Professional Secure Linux Plesk Hosting
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

When PHP 5.2.6 is released hopefully. We reverted a couple of servers to PHP 5.2.4 because of that bug in PHP 5.2.5.
BerArt
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by BerArt »

There is PHP 5.2.6RC5 right now so this is close right? How much work is it to go back to 5.2.4?
best regards,

breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

You can get the 5.2.4 SRPM from here, rebuild it for your server and install the resulting packages using rpm -U --oldpackage.
BerArt
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by BerArt »

Thx! Breun, but if I decide to do this I will let you know ;) I am not in a lot of hurry I hope 5.2.6 comes soon, if not I will downgrade PHP...
best regards,

jeremiah
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by jeremiah »

Hi,

Thanks a ton for this thread, just ran into this problem and would like to revert php to 5.2.4.
heres another shortcut, use yum-builddep to automatically install all the dependencies you need to build it.
I downloaded the spec and src.rpm for php-5.2.4 and then tried yum-builddep php-5.2.4-1.art.src.rpm and was surprised to see that this requires 78 packages to be installed (including some deps).

Is this right? One package listed as needing to be installed that seemed wrong to me was exim. I can post all the packages listed if it helps, but figure I just need re-(assuring|pointing); or I forgot how to read.

Also, could someone please verify the steps here...
# yum-builddep php-5.2.4-1.art.src.rpm
then
# rpm -Uvh --oldpackage php-5.2.4-1

Should that handle all the dependencies yum-builddep shows as needing installed?
Or do I need to run rpm -Uvh foreach package yum-builddep lists as needing to be installed?

Thanks for any help.[/quote]
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

jeremiah wrote:I downloaded the spec and src.rpm for php-5.2.4
You only need the source rpm. The spec file is included in the source rpm.
and then tried yum-builddep php-5.2.4-1.art.src.rpm and was surprised to see that this requires 78 packages to be installed (including some deps).

Is this right? One package listed as needing to be installed that seemed wrong to me was exim. I can post all the packages listed if it helps, but figure I just need re-(assuring|pointing); or I forgot how to read.
It could (should) be right. You probably need a lot of *-devel packages.
Also, could someone please verify the steps here...
# yum-builddep php-5.2.4-1.art.src.rpm
then
# rpm -Uvh --oldpackage php-5.2.4-1
You get the source rpm, you run yum-builddep on it so you have all the dependencies needed to rebuild the source rpm and then you rebuild it (you may need to install the rpm-build package if you don't have that):

Code: Select all

# rpmbuild -ba php-5.2.4-1.art.src.rpm
After rebuilding the source rpm you should have rpms suitable for your system. You can install the ones you want using 'rpm -Uvh --oldpackage <rpms>' and don't forget to reload apache afterwards.
Should that handle all the dependencies yum-builddep shows as needing installed?
Or do I need to run rpm -Uvh foreach package yum-builddep lists as needing to be installed?
yum-builddep installs the dependencies. No need to go and install them yourself (that's sort of the point of yum-builddep).
jeremiah
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by jeremiah »

Thanks for the repl(a)?y.
You only need the source rpm. The spec file is included in the source rpm.
of course :oops:
yum-builddep installs the dependencies. No need to go and install them yourself (that's sort of the point of yum-builddep).
ha ha, fancy that.

You are right, there are a lot of *devel packages - which I can understand. But exim? postgresql?

Don't know the rest well enough to question their requiredness, but those two seem like they'd just pollute the system - I mean I left them out for a reason, they won't get used.

Do you know why an older version of php would require those? Just curious really as I suppose I'm stuck with them in order to continue and can just run rpm -e afterwards.

Or perhaps I'm mis-understanding and these will just be built but not installed? Although yum-rpmbuild does say it'll install all of them...

Thanks again for walking me this far, breun.