PHP5 question

Support/Development for PHP
Jon

PHP5 question

Unread post by Jon »

OK, I have read the old forums but still have a few questions. Has there been a successful install of PHP5 on Plesk 7.1? I have also read that the Horde Framework stops working with PHP5, atleast until 3.0 is released. Is that correct? One more question, Scott I saw over on the sw soft forum you left a post talking something about PHP5 messing with imap stuff. Can you explain that more or is it fixed?

That's all for now. Thanks in advance, Jon

Unread post by Guest »

so far the only issues with php5 Ive seen myself were with webmail. Both squirrelmail and horde broke with php5. Other apps could have broken too, but that was the first thing I tested and I just didnt look any farther than that.
jkhearsc

Unread post by jkhearsc »

FYI...this is Jon from above

Here's what I did.
I installed yum and updated PHP, MySQL, libxml2 and Curl. Now all seems to work well except I can't use the new mysqli extension, the reason to use PHP5. I'm no linux guru but I would like to use this extension. Any ideas on how to get it. Thanks.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

I didnt do a mysqli extention, since it requires mysql 4.1.7, and that (in addition to php5) reeeeeally breaks the hell out of PSA :P
jkhearsc

why does that break the hell out of Plesk. The only problem i see is that it doesn't work right with privileges. Is that it or is there more?
scott

Unread post by scott »

I didnt do any extensive testing, but it definitely breaks things like deleting domains. Probably email accounts too. There were some other issues, but that was the show stopper for me
jkhearsc

well that sucks. I guess I should roll back to the previous version.

Is there a way to do that with yum? thanks