How to upgrade 5.1 to 5.2.*

Support/Development for PHP
canton
New Forum User
New Forum User

How to upgrade 5.1 to 5.2.*

Unread post by canton »

Hello all,

I'd like to upgrade to the latest 5.2.* but how do i yum this as when i use the "yum list php" yum shows it just has 5.3.* in its repo. and i don't want to use the "yum install php" command as this will automatically upgrade to 5.3.*

Also i know this is off topic but i would like to move a file from an ftp source onto my server but how do i do this via shell?

thanks in advance
canton
New Forum User
New Forum User

Re: How to upgrade 5.1 to 5.2.*

Unread post by canton »

Ahh this is what i needed to do for me to upgrade without hitting into php 5.3.*

# yum update php* --exclude=php*5.3*

but i still have the problem with ftp can anyone help me?
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

Are you aware that by 'upgrading' to PHP 5.2 you just upgraded to unsupported PHP packages?

You can use tools like wget, curl, lftp or just the regular ftp command to download a file from an FTP server. I recommend opening separate forum threads for separate topics next time.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
canton
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by canton »

Thank you Breun but i have to stay with 5.2.* for the time being as 5.3 breaks some scripts on the server so i have no choice. But i will upgrade when the scripts become compatible with 5.3.*.

And i never knew that i could use wget to pull from a ftp source so i will try that.

Thanks for your help
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

canton wrote:Thank you Breun but i have to stay with 5.2.* for the time being as 5.3 breaks some scripts on the server so i have no choice. But i will upgrade when the scripts become compatible with 5.3.*.
And PHP 5.1 isn't good enough? Because the PHP 5.1 packages from your distribution (I'm assuming you're running EL5) are still supported with security fixes.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management