php vs libphp5.so shows different ./configure options

Support/Development for PHP
cgrenier_art
New Forum User
New Forum User

php vs libphp5.so shows different ./configure options

Unread post by cgrenier_art »

Hi, I try to troubleshoot a hosting setup I built on Centos6 with php packages from Atomic Rocket Turtle (I needed to have php 5.2.17 so I used these instead of stock CentOS php version )

Now I notice while comparing a phpinfo output from command line (php -f phpinfo.php) and one from my browser (interpreted by httpd using libphp5.so) that the configure command section shows differences ('--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' on my browser, --enable-pdo=shared --with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr --with-pdo-mysql=shared,/usr --with-pdo-pgsql=shared,/usr --with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr --with-pdo-dblib=shared,/usr --with-unixODBC=shared,/usr from the command line) there may be other differences I didn't notice, but these options are important to me so it caught my attention first.

Any clue why is that ? Any test I should do or complementary information I should provide ?
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: php vs libphp5.so shows different ./configure options

Unread post by scott »

because phpinfo() lies :P Look at the php.spec file for the real details
cgrenier_art
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by cgrenier_art »

Thanks for your answer Scott,

I don't have the php.spec file in my filesystem since I didn't manage to find the corresponding .src.rpm package on the Atomic Rocket Turtle repository but anyways if the error lies in the display of the configure options and since the client tested the odbc support and it seems to work it's all good for now.

I'm somewhat confused and surprised not to be able to rely on phpinfo () to have an overview of the available features and compile options and other stuff, how could I avoid being lied at lol
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

The PHP src.rpm and spec files can be found in the /channels/source/php/ dir on the hosts that serve the atomic yum repository. So for instance: http://www2.atomicorp.com/channels/source/php/
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
scott

Unread post by scott »

Its actually been returning inaccurate data since php 5.0.x. Has to do with modular wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff