Building PHP 5.2.17 on CentOS6

Support/Development for PHP
paulie
Forum User
Forum User

Building PHP 5.2.17 on CentOS6

Unread post by paulie »

Hi Scott,

I know I shouldn't really be attempting this but I was wondering if you would be willing to provide me with source rpms for the instance of PHP 5.2.17 you created for EL6?

Currently I'm using IUS's 5.2.17 source rpm but I'm getting an error that I can't seem to work through :

Code: Select all

DEBUG: checking whether dlsym() requires a leading underscore in symbol names... ./configure: line 139100: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
DEBUG: ./configure: line 139100: `_LT_AC_TRY_DLOPEN_SELF('
The best I can seem to find is that this may be related to EL6 having a newer version of autoconf.

(Ok, I'm trying to get PHP 5.2.17 available alongside PHP 5.3.X on CentOS 6 so I can migrate all my current C5 servers onto CentOS 6 (and update Plesk at the same time), but still provide some functionality to customers still only able to use PHP 5.2 . Step 1 is to build a working instance of PHP 5.2 on C6, step 2 is then to configure the rpm to locate it out of the way of the real PHP, step 3 is to then offer PHP 5.2.17 through fastcgi and the stock PHP through mod_php.).

Paul.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Building PHP 5.2.17 on CentOS6

Unread post by scott »

sure, the source rpms are available on every mirror under the source directory.
paulie
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Building PHP 5.2.17 on CentOS6

Unread post by paulie »

Aaaaah under archives... Why am I so thick sometimes?

Thanks, will take a look at this tomorrow,

Paul.