php-panda -- something bad happening

Support/Development for PHP
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

php-panda -- something bad happening

Unread post by faris »

I just updated php-panda on a Centos 6 system, which brought with it atomic-php70.

Unfortunately this somehow prevented apache from starting. Looks like Odin got there before me:
http://kb.odin.com/en/126642

The error I was seeing at the CLI was slightly different to this, but there was definitely a segfault going on according to the logs.

At any rate, removing /etc/httpd/conf.d/atomic-php70-php.conf did not allow me to restart apache (could not bind to IP), although instinctively I knew this should have been the solution.

I didn't want to mess around killing processes so I tried a restart. This did resolve the problem, thankfully.

Anyway..something isn't quite right with php-panda at the moment. That php70 config file shouldn't be there - that's the main cause of the problem, I think.

EDIT: Oh, I think it has something to do with module order loading as well, according to the KB.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: php-panda -- something bad happening

Unread post by faris »

Scott -- Please can you post here to let us know when the issue is resolved (or that there wasn't an issue and it was caused by something else)?

I've not forgotten that this is not a commercial project -- you are doing it in your "spare" time for the good of all mankind (or at least the good of all sensible men, women and indeed other sentient beings who use some sort of hat-flavoured Linux, or a derivative)
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: php-panda -- something bad happening

Unread post by scott »

Hey thanks, a little of that goes a long way. An update for this is going into the repo now, version 0.18. Sorry about the fallout from the last update, its been a crazy last 2 weeks here.