Plesk backup / mysql_dump issues after upgrade to 5.538

Support/Development for MySQL, MariaDB, and other database systems
cmpreshn
Forum User
Forum User

Plesk backup / mysql_dump issues after upgrade to 5.538

Unread post by cmpreshn »

Hi all. I'm running Plesk 11.5.30 on a dedicated (and newly configured) Cent OS 6.5 box. I've just migrated about 30 web sites from an older server, which was running Plesk 9.5.4. All software on the new server is up to date, to my knowledge. I recently upgraded to MySql 5.5.38 using the Atomic repo, and I'm getting the following errors backing up through Plesk panel, and doing mysql dumps using automysqlbackup.

Couldn't execute 'SHOW FUNCTION STATUS WHERE Db = (databasename) Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted (1548)

According to Plesk ( http://kb.parallels.com/121164 ) - i can run mysql_upgrade and it will magically fix everything. Since this is on a running production server with about 30 sites on it, I'm a little paranoid. Does anyone have any direct experience with this upgrade? Are there any potential pitfalls / issues / incompatibilities?

Also, I've already run 'mysqlcheck --all-databases --check-upgrade' and output indicates that all of my tables are OK. So what gives?

Thanks in advance -
Scott
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Plesk backup / mysql_dump issues after upgrade to 5.538

Unread post by prupert »

From which MySQL version did you upgrade?
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
cmpreshn
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by cmpreshn »

Per Yum logs, it looks as if my original MySql version was mysql-5.1.73-3.el6_5.x86_64. FYI - this is only happening with some tables. According to this Plesk article, http://kb.parallels.com/121164 , I need to run mysql_upgrade. However, I'm a little concerned about doing this on a production server. Any advice or other recommendations appreciated. Thanks for your reply.
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by prupert »

You need to run "mysql_upgrade" when upgrading from 5.1 to 5.5.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management