Help with restoring from backup

Support/Development for MySQL, MariaDB, and other database systems
TreyThrasher
New Forum User
New Forum User

Help with restoring from backup

Unread post by TreyThrasher »

I recently had an unexpected server failure (motherboard). While I waited for the new server to arrive, I temporarily used a Windows desktop as a server. I installed the latest version of MariaDB on it (10.1). The new server has now arrived so I am trying restore the latest data on it. It is running MariaDB version 5.5.44. I cannot upgrade it to 10.1. I ran mysqldump --all-databases on the temporary server. When I attempt to run the dumped sql, I am getting the error message "unknown option 'STATS_PERSISTENT'. Can someone tell me how to get around this error?
MehdiMoz
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Help with restoring from backup

Unread post by MehdiMoz »

Hello,
on the dumped .sql file search for each create table statement
at the end of each statement there should be STATS_PERSISTENT=0;
Since it may not be recognized by the new DB you safely remove it and then start restoration and see how it is proceeding
after that update this post to see if it was working for you
TreyThrasher wrote:I recently had an unexpected server failure (motherboard). While I waited for the new server to arrive, I temporarily used a Windows desktop as a server. I installed the latest version of MariaDB on it (10.1). The new server has now arrived so I am trying restore the latest data on it. It is running MariaDB version 5.5.44. I cannot upgrade it to 10.1. I ran mysqldump --all-databases on the temporary server. When I attempt to run the dumped sql, I am getting the error message "unknown option 'STATS_PERSISTENT'. Can someone tell me how to get around this error?
TreyThrasher
New Forum User
New Forum User

Re: Help with restoring from backup

Unread post by TreyThrasher »

Thank you for your help. It worked.