AOOI

jholzy
Forum User
Forum User

AOOI

Unread post by jholzy »

Is AOOI still alive and well? And if so, is there any up-to-date how-to's for it? Or would a really rusty old hack like me be better off just going with 1and1's set up? I have ASL ready to put on it and thought AOOI might play a little nicer with it. I found a lot of high risk alerts from the default 1and1 set up with ASL and remembered using AOOI in the past... just can't find any written help for setting it up.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: AOOI

Unread post by scott »

Its alive and kicking at:

http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/aooi

Some time ago I added the option to pick cloudlinux as well, that bit hasnt been tested in a while. The last time I used it was when I was building www8.atomicorp.com a few months ago (at 1and1). I ran into a post-install problem there where the interface would plumb, but not come up with its routes. I never got to the bottom of that, so just worked in some minor mods to the networking script to fix it manually.
jholzy
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by jholzy »

Thanks... I was able to find that and did the install. Is there a how-to anywhere? It seems that the only place I can even view the installation is via the serial console so was hoping to find a written step-by-step someplace... I know from the past that 1and1 has a way of screwing up the best laid plans which makes writing a meaningful guide difficult at best.
scott

Unread post by scott »

We probably need to do one. You can ask your questions here though if you like.
jholzy
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by jholzy »

I appreciate the offer to use this medium to get questions cleared up but I'm not sure I have the patience to ask that many questions on a forum! lol... I'm going to reimage with the default install and add ASL then try to clean up the mess. Thanks again!
exi1ed0ne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by exi1ed0ne »

Do you remember what you did Scott? Just used AOOI and the network is not coming up for me.

Edit:
Adding this fixes it, now to get it to survive a reboot. . .

Code: Select all

route add -host 10.255.255.1 dev eth0
route add default gw 10.255.255.1 dev eth0  
Edit, edit:
in file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth0

10.255.255.1/32 dev eth0
default via 10.255.255.1 dev eth0

Seems kludgy, since my other box doesn't need this. Oh well. Hopefully this helps someone.
-Andy
scott

Unread post by scott »

I had done something similar, it might help to look at one of their default images and take apart what they did in the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ directory