vzmigrate fails

Community support forums for Virtualization products, such as Xen(TM), VMWare(TM), Virtuozzo(TM), KVM, Qemu, lguest, openvz and others! There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to a virtualization technology or product. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious.
KrazyBob
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

vzmigrate fails

Unread post by KrazyBob »

I have a failing server. Making matters worse the backup file made weekly indicates errors and I cannot extract the contents. It was compressed using gzip. None of the Virtuozzo commands is working so I am trying an old trick of using rsync to move the private files over and then a conf file. It has worked in the past. But after running all night it failed and I cannot restart it. I am desperate for help.

Code: Select all

[root@hw005 ~]# rsync -avz -e --ignore-existing ssh root@192.168.220.101://vz/private/304 /vz/private/304
building file list ... link_stat ssh : No such file or directory
link_stat root@192.168.220.101://vz/private/304 : No such file or directory
done
wrote 25 bytes  read 20 bytes  90.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(623)
With or without --ignore-existing I get the same message but I cannot find anything on Google regarding --ignore-existing. rsync was 3/4's complete and I am sweating bullets. My customers deserve better. Part of this was started when trying to move them all to Plesk 12 and the HDD's drive 0) failed.

I have never been successful with RAID. Do I just put a new drive on RAID 0 and rebuild the array? Or is drive 1 likely corrupt at this point?

I am running another vzbackup and it is 1/2 complete but leaves no guarantees.

Anything along the way of solutions would be greatly appreciated. I've learned a lot from Atomic users -- just not enough.
KrazyBob
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

UPDATE Re: vzmigrate fails

Unread post by KrazyBob »

This has been a miserable several days. I finally got a backup file off of the failing source server. It has some holes in the files. As long as I can get at the user info and databases I can upgrade the server to Plesk 12.