PHP_CHECKS

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
craigedmonds
Forum User
Forum User

PHP_CHECKS

Unread post by craigedmonds »

I can see that PHP_CHECKS is OFF by default. Is it recommended to be on?

If so, I used to use CSF firewall which gave me a nice clear list of recommended security actions to apply in order to make the server a little "safer".

In ASL configuration there is a section for PHP configuration and everything is just set to no or yes and not really giving a reason as to why its set like that.

Is there a wiki list or page somewhere giving us the recommended settings for a shared hosting environment?
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: PHP_CHECKS

Unread post by prupert »

It is recommended to enable the hardened PHP security. It greatly helps reduce the risk of PHP script exploits. However, do make sure that you are not disabling functions that you are actually using. (Or find a more secure alternative for using these functions)
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: PHP_CHECKS

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Thank you for the question. ASL will report the significance of each issue in the Vulnerabilities window. Each vulnerability has a "read more" link that will direct you to documentation explaining the vulnerability, its risks, our recommendations, and actions you can take to close the vulnerability.

Each configuration option is also documented in the documentation page in the wiki, which for the ASL settings screen is documented at the URL below:

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.ph ... figuration