CPanel 11.40 / Easyapache issue

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
JulienV
New Forum User
New Forum User

CPanel 11.40 / Easyapache issue

Unread post by JulienV »

Since CPanel 11.40, Im unable to build apache with Easypanel, it always defaults to basic apache 2.2 build.
I tried with saved profile, tried a new profile from scratch, .. kind of lost here.

If I uninstall ASL everything builds properly.. anyone had this issue?
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: CPanel 11.40 / Easyapache issue

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Are you using apache 2.4? If so, apache 2.4 is not supported and a supported version of apache is being used:

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/ASL_FAQ#Apache
JulienV
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by JulienV »

That's exactly our issue, saw about litespeed, and never even thought to check the 2.4 compatibility... /facepalm.
So now everything works properly with 2.2.. to get a little speed boost we run Varnish/NGinx in front of Apache, any issue with this and ASL?

Thanks.
mikeshinn

Unread post by mikeshinn »

I think I may have replied to your question in the support portal, and thought you were asking about Apache 2.4, I now realize you were asking about Apache 2.2 w/ Varnish/NGinx in front of Apache. No that wont cause any issues, although make sure you read this FAQ and configure both apache and your proxies correctly to report the real clients IP to apache, and not the proxies:

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/Proxy