ASL install on percona 5.6?

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: ASL install on percona 5.6?

Unread post by scott »

Its definitely a priority, but we still havent worked on it enough. At this point I can say that percona (and mariadb 10 I might add) have done an awesome job of sorting this out to be a drop in. We havent had the time to do their work justice yet. This is a big deal as far as we are concerned here, mariadb 10 and percona are where I see everyone heading now that redhat has standardized away from mysql.
imadsani
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: ASL install on percona 5.6?

Unread post by imadsani »

leaddog wrote:
I know this thread is from last year, but I wanted to quote the above post stating that percona support is in the works. Is there any update on the status of this? I am sure many of us would like to use either Maria database seeing it now ships with cPanel or pecona database instead of the default MySQL.

Has anyone got Percona 5.6 working successfully with ASL? If so what changes or configurations need to be done.
I'm running 4 servers with ASL and Percona 5.6, have been doing so for about a year now.

You need to make sure to have Percona 5.6 installed and running before you install ASL. Type the following:

Code: Select all

# Fix 2: Correct /etc/init.d/mysqld script
ln -sf /etc/init.d/mysql /etc/init.d/mysqld
ASL is hard coded to look for mysqld so the above is needed.
Edit: On second thought, you might not need to run the above command, the ASL installer will run this fix by itself when it detects it's being run on a WHM / cPanel server.

I haven't tried Percona on cPanel so can't say anything there, I run Plesk 12 on all my servers, if you need help installing Percona on Plesk let me know.