ASL on Plesk with Apache+Nginx

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

ASL on Plesk with Apache+Nginx

Unread post by prupert »

We are running most Plesk servers with ASL with Apache only. We are considering switching to the default Apache+Nginx setup for some Plesk+ASL servers. Is there anything special we should take into consideration when switching to this setup on an ASL server? What is Atomicorps opinion about the security of the Nginx package that is provided by Plesk (sw-nginx-1.5.0-1.13060711.centos6.x86_64)?
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: ASL on Plesk with Apache+Nginx

Unread post by prupert »

Anyone care to share their experience (other Plesk users) or opinion (ASL/Scott)?
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

Well I think it has potential but it still needs some maturity. The waf implementation is starting to get there, but its still pretty rough (this is as much mod_security's fault as nginx's). Over all I put it below proftpd in terms of lack of trust.
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by prupert »

I notice that the Plesk packages for Nginx are behind on security updates (1.5.0 on CentOS 6, 1.6.0 on CentOS 7).

Have you taken any measures against this?
Could you do something similar as with the psa-proftpd package?
Or would you say we should take this up with Plesk? We've already send them a message about this.
scott

Unread post by scott »

I think we could do updates for it just like wer'e doing with proftpd. Or at the very least do something like php panda where they could coexist.