ASL Drops on Terminal

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
gevensen
Forum User
Forum User

ASL Drops on Terminal

Unread post by gevensen »

When I log in my terminal from hostmonster (VPS) I see a lot of ASL blocks and ip drops to the point terminal is about useless to me.
Tech support says its a setting in the firewall but I cannot find the setting.
Can you tell be how to shut this off?
Attached is a picture example
Attachments
console.jpg
console.jpg (182.83 KiB) Viewed 4679 times
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: ASL Drops on Terminal

Unread post by scott »

ASL wont write anything to your console, nor will your OS by default. Someones reconfigured syslog to write those events to the console, so you'll want to make sure you ask your sysadmin to look your syslog configuration.

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.ph ... l_messages

With that said, you can configure ASL to not log any firewall events. But I'd highly recommend you fix your syslog configuration, you probably dont want to disabling logging. If you do want to disable logging, just log into ASL web, under Settings->ASL Configuration->Firewall, each blocking category has a "Log" option. Ie: Log: Active Response drops and Log: OpenBL Blacklist for the 2 examples you posted.
gevensen
Forum User
Forum User

Re: ASL Drops on Terminal

Unread post by gevensen »

on the vnc console i logged in and entered the following command
dmesg -n 1
That took care of it
Hostmonster was no help at all