Scanning the whole server?

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
imadsani
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Scanning the whole server?

Unread post by imadsani »

One of my servers has started to reboot randomly. I've tried to troubleshoot but can't find anything in the logs. I need to scan the server to make sure it isn't infected, how can I get ASL to scan the whole server?
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Scanning the whole server?

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Randomly rebooting sounds like a bigger problem, like bad hardware. Its pretty unusual for a modern box to reboot, even one thats owned. If you know when this is occurring, check /var/log/messages for some clues to see if it either was rebooted (that would be logged) or crashed (which would not be logged, but other events may have been logged that might provide a clue as to whats going on).
imadsani
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by imadsani »

Thinkin along the sames lines I changed the server, but since the change, the old server has stopped rebooting and the new one has started :/

what about that command to scan the server?
mikeshinn

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Rebooting sounds like something is wrong with the OS then, did you copy over the OS from the old box or did you do a clean install and not copy over any of the old software?

As for scanning your box, please see this article:

https://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.ph ... _ASL#ASL_4

And let us know if you have any questions.