Webpage unavailable - dns_probe_finished_nxdomain

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
imadsani
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Webpage unavailable - dns_probe_finished_nxdomain

Unread post by imadsani »

Hey,

This issue may not be caused by ASL, but since it's handling the firewall this is the first thing I have to investigate.
This matter has crossed the threshold of being a one-off or network glitch. It has started to happen too often and to more than a couple of clients.

I've started receiving complaints that when they try to access domains on my server they get the following

Code: Select all

This webpage is not available

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Any ideas?

edit: this may not be a lot to go on, but I'm afraid this is all I have for now.
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Webpage unavailable - dns_probe_finished_nxdomain

Unread post by mikeshinn »

So I assume thats the error you clients are seeing? If so, that means their OS cant resolve the hostname via DNS. So that means either the client cant reach the DNS service, or the DNS service isnt responding, is misconfigured or doesnt have an answer to the query.

Have you done any diagnosis of your domains to see what glue records you have setup for them, and therefore what servers your clients are trying to connect to? Can you provide an example hostname?
imadsani
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Hey mike,

hostname: host.bazdns.com

I'm at home today and tried accessing a couple of websites i host and it turns out I'm experiencing the same issue. I can ssh into the server, tries accessing sites through proxy and they open fine. But unproxied my browser throws this message: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

edit:
The following are the NS servers my modem got from the ISP
mikeshinn

Unread post by mikeshinn »

So when I go to that FQDN I'm seeing cpanel report the server either has a misconfiguration, the IP address has changed or the site has moved to a new server.
imadsani
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

That's fine, at least you got that far. The local ISP's here are causing issues, not sure if it's because of misconfiguration on the servers part or what.