need help with new server

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
imadsani
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

need help with new server

Unread post by imadsani »

Hey,

I recently rented a new HP ProLiant DL120 Gen9 with a Xeon E5-2620v3, after I install ASL I add newrelic's user to the procread group so it can report back to new relic. For this to apply I have to reboot the server but the server does not come back online after issuing the reboot command. I have to reboot the server via the DC's panel to get it back. I have checked and the kernel stays intact. Removing the user from the group doesn't take effect immediately, usually takes a couple of reboots before server successfully reboots from shell

Any ideas?
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: need help with new server

Unread post by scott »

Can you get the console output from the system when it is rebooting? The only thing I can think of that would do that via multiple reboots is some kindof interactive job waiting for input, or running a really long event.