PLESK 12.5

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
kram
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

PLESK 12.5

Unread post by kram »

Hello All,

I recently upgraded to PLESK 12.5.
I am having a number of issues with ASL that I am not sure how to resolve.

Firstly I am unable to access to the ASL web interface.
I get the following error:

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely.
As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

i edited /var/asl/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf

and commented the following lines.

Code: Select all

#Header add Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000;includeSubDomains"
#Header always append X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN
But i still get the same error.

#2 Nginx , php-fpm, mod_security
All mod_security entries report the client as the host server and not the actual IP of the offender.

[Sun Sep 06 21:16:20 2015] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] ModSecurity:  [file "/etc/httpd/modsecurity.d/99_asl_jitp.conf"] [line "313"] [id "336468"] [rev "2"] [msg "Atomicorp.com WAF Rules - Virtual Just In Time Patch: Google Maps plugin for Joomla probe"] [severity "CRITICAL"] Access denied with code 403 (phase 1). Match of "beginsWith %{request_headers.host}" against "TX:1" required. [hostname "www.abcd.co.za"] [uri "/plugins/system/plugin_googlemap2/plugin_googlemap2_proxy.php"] [unique_id "VeyRBMXdE@IAAFYYn7YAAAAA"]
If I change the PHP setting for the domain to PHP 5.5.28 and FCGI mod_security still reports the host IP.

I have the following mod_security installed.

rpm -qa | grep mod_security
mod_security-2.9.0-25.el6.art.x86_64

rpm -qa | grep plesk-mod*
plesk-modsecurity-crs-12.5.29-centos6.15081418.x86_64
plesk-modsecurity-configurator-12.5.30-cos6.build1205150826.19.noarch
I see on the PLESK 12.5 administrators guide, they mention a potential conflict.

Plesk will install its own ModSecurity package. However, during the pre-upgrade check Plesk Installer will ask you if you agree that Plesk ModSecurity can be installed on top of your existing installation.

Your existing ModSecurity configuration is left as is. However, there are many distributions and configurations for ModSecurity, so it is hard to predict how old and new configurations may conflict. To avoid problems, save your existing configuration and uninstall ModSecurity before upgrading to Plesk 12 (or before installing Plesk's ModSecurity).
Any suggestion or ideas will be great!
Mark Brindley
2Large Networks - Web solutions that work