tortix-kernel-xen, repository not found

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
kirkre
Forum User
Forum User

tortix-kernel-xen, repository not found

Unread post by kirkre »

I get the following error trying to install the ASL kernel for my xen system:

Error getting repository data for tortix-kernel-xen, repository not found

I get this whether I try to install the ASL xen kernel through the ASL install, or via yum with:

yum --disableexcludes=all --enablerepo=tortix-kernel-xen upgrade kernel

I have KERNEL_CHANNEL set to tortix-kernel-xen. Should this not be accessible through the Yum repos installed by ASL? So far I fail to find any other information on enabling this channel.

Thanks,

Kirk
kirkre
Forum User
Forum User

Re: tortix-kernel-xen, repository not found

Unread post by kirkre »

Since tortix-kernel-xen is not in my Atomic repos, I'm thinking maybe my old tortix/asl repos were not updated by the install, and that is why it's missing? My tortix.repo for instance is dated 1/17/2014. I also have asl.repo, atomic.repo and tortix.common.repo, and only asl.repo has a current date stamp.
kirkre
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by kirkre »

Checking the repos against a backup showed the repos were fresh in spite of the time stamps, so I manually added tortix-kernel-xen to tortix.repo and installed Atomic kernel 3.2.69-81.xen.art.x86_64. System did not come up :-/

This is on a Rackspace server which as far as I have read is tested and known to work with the Atomic xen kernel.
kirkre
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by kirkre »

Trying this on a fresh but identical server type, the yum repo was setup by asl, and the Atomic kernel was installed and booted with no problems. Either the hosting provider fixed something in the newer images, or more likely I had tweaked something that broke this. Atomic support has graciously tried to help, but I might as well just start with a new image, and I want to be sure no one reading this thinks there is a problem with the Atomic kernel. Sorry for the trouble!
KREATOR
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by KREATOR »

How did you add the tortix-kernel repository? I'm having the same issue trying to install the ASL kernel on a KVM virtual machine.