Pre-sales question

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
sahdev
New Forum User
New Forum User

Pre-sales question

Unread post by sahdev »

Hi,

as I was not able to find a pre-sales question forum I am posting here now. I actually think about buying ASL for my upcoming shared hosting server for about 200 customers. The hardware would be my Hetzner EX41SSD (i7-6700, 32 GB DDR4,2 x 500 GB SSD, 1gbit). Software-Setup:
CentOS 7.3 + cPanel + nginx/litespeed + ASL. Your FAQs implicate all of this software would run together with ASL, is this correct and which installation order would you recommend (I thought about doing it in the 'shown sequence)?
Moreover some of my customers use cloudflare CDN to protect their sites (some with free plan and some with 20$ pro plan). As I have read even CF works with ASL, but:
- Which webserver would be better (more secure) to do this (as with nginx I MUST use T-WAF)?
- Does ASL waf generally work with free plans?
_________

What do you think in generall about this setup? Do you think this would be a fast AND secure setup for my customers?
I am asking this because I dont know if - for example - CloudLinux would be needed for a shared hosting setup like this (e.g. because I read this post from scott):
I think everyone who hasnt been getting used to systemd over the last 2 years is going to find it pretty frustrating until they learn how to take advantage of it.
(...) The capabilities its bringing to the table is pretty impressive. It brings all the resource management that distros like Cloudlinux & Betterlinux do by default, as well as Container based virtualization like openvz/virtuozzo (They call them Namespaces), not to mention KVM, Xen, and Docker.
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Pre-sales question

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Thank you for the questions.
CentOS 7.3 + cPanel + nginx/litespeed + ASL. Your FAQs implicate all of this software would run together with ASL, is this correct and which installation order would you recommend (I thought about doing it in the 'shown sequence)?
Thats the best sequence. Install ASL after you've installed everything else. That way it can both harden those applications and tune itself based on what type of system and software you have installed.
Moreover some of my customers use cloudflare CDN to protect their sites (some with free plan and some with 20$ pro plan). As I have read even CF works with ASL, but:
- Which webserver would be better (more secure) to do this (as with nginx I MUST use T-WAF)?
It doesnt matter if you're using the T-WAF. The T-WAF will protect whatever web server you are using. So theyre all equally secure.
- Does ASL waf generally work with free plans?
It works with an CDN or Proxy.
What do you think in generall about this setup? Do you think this would be a fast AND secure setup for my customers?
If you use ASL to protect your server it will be very secure.