Removing ASL tries to remove needed dependencies

Customer support forums for Atomic Protector (formerly Atomic Secured Linux). There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using Atomic Protector. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious. Regular users are asked to be gentle. :-)
gaia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Removing ASL tries to remove needed dependencies

Unread post by gaia »

I would like to ideally remove ASL from a CentOS 6.9 system.

When I follow the instructions, it tries to remove for dependencies packages from @base, @updates, @epel and worst, @virtualmin and @virtualmin-universal.

It doesn't seem that the dependencies are being properly calculated. Maybe I should remove ASL without removing dependencies?

Or I can just leave ASL in. What I can't have is ASL reinstalling itself to repos.d and I can't update the system unless I manually remove it's repos before running yum.

PS: I am removing ASL because I cannot deal with CentOS slow update cycle. I am moving all machines to ubuntu and ASL still doesn't run on Ubuntu.
CentOS 6.9
ASL 4.0.19-37
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Removing ASL tries to remove needed dependencies

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Can you send us the output of the uninstaller at support@atomicorp.com?

Also, we're releasing the Ubuntu version of ASL this summer. Would you like to sign up for the early beta?
gaia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by gaia »

mikeshinn wrote:Can you send us the output of the uninstaller at support@atomicorp.com?

Also, we're releasing the Ubuntu version of ASL this summer. Would you like to sign up for the early beta?
done. yes pls sign me up for the early beta.
CentOS 6.9
ASL 4.0.19-37
gaia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by gaia »

mikeshinn wrote:Can you send us the output of the uninstaller at support@atomicorp.com?

also, kernel aside, how does ASL compare to Trend Micro Deep Security?

do you have any ansible scripts for installing and configuring ASL?
CentOS 6.9
ASL 4.0.19-37