Support/Development for OpenVAS
Blazer
New Forum User
New Forum User

Sharing Reports Between users

Unread post by Blazer »

Hi all I am new to Openvas. I thought I had everything working, I
successfully ran a scan as admin, got back a nice report but when i
wanted to share the report with another OpenVAS user, saw they could not see any scans of mine
or anyone else besides their own, I have googled around only fix I could find was:

..........................................................................................................................................................
DISCLAIMER: This is a "hack" and not a Tenable supported configuration. It works for my use case but might result in unexpected behavior and/or data loss otherwise. No guarantees of any kind.

I am running Nessus on Linux and I solved the problem as follows.

Created all the users
Elected one user as the "master user" which is used to store all the reports in the home directory.
Deleted all the all the "reports" directories under the Nessus user homes with the exception of the master user. Home directories on Linux RHEL are located in /opt/nessus/var/nessus/users/.
Created a symlink in each user's home directory with name "reports" pointing to the master user "reports" home directory.
cd /opt/nessus/var/nessus/users/<user>
ln -s ../<master>/reports

Again, this is just my personal hack. It has so far worked fine. NO guarantees.
Marcus
.................................................................................................................................................................
taken from the following link:

https://community.tenable.com/message/4623#4623

I thought admin users can see all the scans created by any user, but I have been mistaken.
Is there any way to check on other user's scan results?

The post above is about 6 years old so i am hoping there is a proper fix out now.

Thank you in advance