Manual NVT installation

Support/Development for OpenVAS
GSEnrg
New Forum User
New Forum User

Manual NVT installation

Unread post by GSEnrg »

Hello everybody there,

I'm trying to manual install the feeds on my fresh openvas virtual appliance, but I cannot find the right way to do it.
I uploaded the entire package to /opt/greenbone/feed/plugins/ and I can see the NVT status changed in the Feed Status tab of the web console, but nothing about SCAP and CERT.
Is there any guide to do this job or can someone give some advices about it?

Thank you very much
Maat
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Manual NVT installation

Unread post by scott »

So the SCAP and CERT data come from different sources than the NVTs. If you look at the scripts greenbone-certdata-sync and greenbone-scapdata-sync it has the URLs its using to download the data from cert & mitre.

The 2nd step here is that you need to reload openvas-scanner after an update, and then reload openvas-manager manually (note: if you're using the cron jobs, this is normally automatic. Or at least it is in the RPM packages)
GSEnrg
New Forum User
New Forum User

Re: Manual NVT installation

Unread post by GSEnrg »

Hello, thank you for your reply.
I uploaded all the stuff to the feed directory, but after reconfiguring and reloading several times the services, I can only see the community feeds and CERT feeds in the Feed Status tab. Nothing about SCAP feeds. Is there something I miss? Maybe I have to set specific permissions on the files?