project gamera won't complete install

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
phoenixisp
Forum User
Forum User

project gamera won't complete install

Unread post by phoenixisp »

I have had a project gamera box running for over a year with no problems, until this morning. No email was coming through and top showed none of the services running. I manually restarted spamassassin successfully but clamd would not start. The freshclam command stated that a file could not be written to ./clamav-bbcbdd902dad7c0f291c50d721748f78 therefore main.cvd couldn't be downloaded. I actually run 2 gamera boxes (one is fine) so I compared all permissions and they seem right. Not wanting to waste too much time I used yum to remove clamd and reinstall. But when I run the qmail-scanner-reconfigure script it vever ends.

So I removed all of the componebts and did a reinstall after rebooting. When it got down to installing the project-gamera package it does the same thing as the qmail-scanner-reconfigure script - it just hangs.

What could be the cause of this?
Sonny
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

I have seen it do that in the past on a box with psa-spamassassin installed. You could also modify the qmail-scanner-reconfigure script to display all the output when it runs. Theres a >/dev/null 2>&1 (I think) in there. Just take that out and run it again.
phoenixisp
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by phoenixisp »

Thanks for the reply Scott.

Actually this is a box that has never has Plesk on it. I found the problem I just don't know how it happened. It seems that my /var directory was full - go figure. Once I cleaned it out everything started working fine.
Sonny